It seems that lots of people are now using CBD products. The popularity of this compound is rapidly increasing. From family and friends to news, and social media, you will find CBD everywhere. The versatile compound usually exists in many forms. This means that it can incorporate several other compounds. This article offers a review of full-spectrum CBD, its benefits, and possible side effects.
What Is Full-Spectrum CBD?
This type of CBD is derived from the cannabis plant. It contains CBD as well as other cannabinoids. Full-spectrum CBD also has THC in addition to other elements from the hemp plant. They include essential vitamins, fatty acids, terpenes, and protein, among others.
Sometimes full-spectrum is referred to as whole-plant CBD extract. Well, this is because it contains additional elements from the cannabis plant. And even though it contains trace amounts of THC, this type of CBD isn’t psychoactive.
Full-Spectrum CBD And Pure-Spectrum: Same Thing?
No. Pure-spectrum and full-spectrum are not the same. Full-spectrum, for instance, contains other cannabinoids. On the other hand, the pure spectrum only has CBD alone. It has almost 99.9 percent pure CBD.
What Type Of Cannabinoids Can You Find In Full-Spectrum?
Full-spectrum CBD oil products have other compounds. These naturally-occurring compounds feature minor cannabinoids. In addition to that, this type of organic CBD oil also contains trace amounts of THC. These cannabinoids include:
- CBD: also known as cannabidiol. It’s a non-psychoactive compound from the cannabis plant. The active and popular organic compound can help treat various health conditions. They include anxiety, depression, diabetes, and epilepsy, etc.
- CBG: also known as cannabigerol. It’s a non-psychoactive compound that’s found in the cannabis plant. CBD helps to reduce the rapid proliferation of cancer cells in the body. It also helps to treat skin diseases, inflammation, nausea, and pain. CBG has anti-tumor, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- CBC: it’s also known as cannabichromene. CBC is not psychoactive. It has anti-fungal, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
- THCV: It’s also known as tetrahydrocannabivarin: The cannabis compound helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Additionally, it also reduces insulin resistance.
Comparison Of Full-spectrum, Isolate, And Broad Spectrum
If you are interested in using CBD products, you need to learn about CBD isolate and full-spectrum. For starters, CBD isolate is the purest form of organic CBD. It contains more than 99 percent CBD. Isolate normally comes in CBD crystals. This is because it has a solid, diamond-like form.
On the other hand, full-spectrum has CBD other cannabinoids. In addition to that, it also has THC. However, the THC content is usually less than 0.3 percent. It contains other cannabinoids such as CBD, THCV, and CBDA, among others. All these compounds work synergistically to produce the entourage effect.
Lastly, Broad Spectrum refers to the CBD products that hardly contain THC. It provides consumers with zero risks involved with THC.
Just like other CBD oil products, full-spectrum has lots of health benefits. You can use it to treat a myriad of health problems. You can use this type of organic CBD oil to treat physical pain and other mental illnesses. Core benefits of full-spectrum include:
- Reducing inflammation: it has an anti-inflammatory property. As a result, it’s one of the hemp oil products to treat inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Joint pain: this product can help to ease joint pains as it works synergistically with other cannabinoids.
- Improve memory: full-spectrum contains pinene, a type of terpene that can boost alertness and significantly improve memory.
- Ease insomnia and symptoms of depression: it has anti-depressant properties; hence it helps to ease symptoms of depression. Besides that, a full-spectrum helps to relax and calm the body. As a result, it can help to treat insomnia and other related conditions.
- Enhance mood: full-spectrum is an excellent mood booster. It has limonene, a terpene that helps to boost mood.
- Treat digestive issues: this is one of the best hemp oil products that can treat digestive discomfort. It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
Note: The best thing about full-spectrum CBD is that it works synergistically. It’s a potent form of CBD with an extensive array of health benefits. It works alongside the endocannabinoid system, thus encouraging the body to produce more endocannabinoids. This helps the body to heal quickly and maintain homeostasis.
Although full-spectrum from organic CBD is good, it still comes with risks. Generally, CBD oil products are safe and tolerable. But everyone has a unique metabolism. In addition to that, the compounds in this product may interact with certain medications. So, side effects may include:
- The feeling of nausea
- Dry mouth
Full-spectrum is CBD products that contain other cannabinoids and terpenes. They are popular with users because they provide the entourage effect. This means that the effectiveness of CBD, as well as other compounds, are usually maximized.
It usually comes in a variety of products. They include gummies, tinctures, vapes, and capsules, among others. However, make sure that you buy the products from a legit seller. This is because there are so many manufacturers in the market with illegitimate products. It’s also important to exercise caution when using CBD in general.